TEETHING HELP

lovemyson101408

Asked by lovemyson101408 at 8:25 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol for the pain, cold toys to chew on, if you have the mesh nets put ice in it and let the child chew on it. You can try orajel or teething tablets. Other than that the teeth will come in when they want, just look for the white dots in the gums.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We used Tylenol as well! Check with your pediatrician for dosing. If you use orajel, put it on a q-tip or thin it with your fingers - just so a glob doesn't go in baby's mouth. My son doesn't like teething tablets, but many moms swear by them! Give baby plenty to chew on - one mom I know gave her sons frozen mini bagels. Just be sure your little one is supervised. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I found Teething tables made by Highlands, they are all natural so you can give them to the baby constantly and not worry about it hurting them. But it really helped my daughter, even helped her sleep!!! They are a life saver :) If they run a little fever you can always give Tylenol along with them.
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• frozen anything helps.....my son loved frozen waffles, frozen carrots the whole ones not the minis..choking hazard.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 10:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We also use teething tablets, tylenol if they can't sleep but I hate to use the stuff. And give him/her a wet (but not soaking wet..) washcloth to chew on. It's been a hit with all four of my kids.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:50 PM on May. 6, 2009