get my 4year old off the binkis

i have a 4 y old little girl she does not want to get off the binkis she keeps bite the nip of and i have to go buy new ones cuz she cry and crys and flips out and my ma and dad go to sleep early cuz they get up early and i do not want to keep them up any ideas on what to do ty so much.

bigmama4life

Asked by bigmama4life at 8:29 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Stop buying them. If she bites it and doesn't want it anymore then to bad for her. Stop giving them to her all the time during the day and keep it only for night. Then get rid of it at night, it will take about a week but she will stop if you stop giving in and getting her new ones.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Ditto on the PP. Stop buying them. At this point she knows that if she cries for them you will give in and get her more. Don't give in. You may have a hellish few days but it's worth it to get her off the binkis. She knows that she's in control and you aren't.
    Anonymous

• For my niece when she was that age we had a bye bye binkis party with a cake and let her throw them away and saying she was a big girl now. We invited family and friends. amazingly she never asked for them again.  It work. Well good luck

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• convince her she is a big girl and big girls dont need that and try to maybe find some thing to keep her mind off the binky.
    Amanda2430

Answer by Amanda2430 at 8:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Some options since she is so old (that can be a good thing!):
    (1) Plant a "binki" bush - have her dig a hole in the yard and plant one. That night, dig it up and replant an actual plant there. MAGIC! She'll find a baby tree, bush, or flower in the morning.
    (2) Have the Binki Fairy come and take it away. The fairy will leave a "big kid" present for her. That doesn't have to be expensive. Maybe a small necklace or bracelet to remind her that she is a big kid. When the bottle fairy came to our house, she left a simple punching balloon.
    (3) Have her pack it up and mail it to a new baby. You can actually mail it to grandma or simply toss it later.

The key is to have her cooperation and participation. But once it's gone, it's gone. Let her know that you will NOT be buying any more.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My son too was attached to his binki. He was 3years old when I took him to the store to pick out several balloons. ( I would recommend at least 4) We had them filled with Helium and brought them home. When we got home he helped my tie his binki to the balloons. We went outside and made a big deal about sending his binki up to the sky. He was excited to let the balloons go and see them go up to the heavens. I played it up real big and made it exciting to send it up to the sky. He asked about it a couple of times after that but all I had to do was replay the day for him and he was fine.
    Greysmiles

Answer by Greysmiles at 9:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Your parents will have to suffer for a week or two- she WILL fuss terribly for the first 4-6 days, but after that it will get better so for 7 days tell em to plan on the pain of their gdter crying ferociously- that means you too!- My son was four and so was my friends son. she had a bday party and thomas the train came and he gave binki to thomas. Her boy asked about it once in awhile but they reminded him about thomas and voila- no prob . REFUSE to buy more. stick with your decision if you really want her to not have one- if you really don't care- let her have it and let other naysayers say nay!! For my son we used a reward system- and he potty trained then too- he had no care- so we told him if he stayed dry all day he could have his binki- after a couple nights w/out it he let it go completely- those3 nights were tough though. remind yourself we are cheering u on- ucan do it!
    pkrdiesel

Answer by pkrdiesel at 11:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Throw them in the trash and do not buy anymore! Stand up and tough it out. It will be a rough few days but she will get over it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:53 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Tell your parents to wear ear plug for a few day cause its going to be rough!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:55 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Stop buying them. There is not reason why a child who is walking should still use a pacifier.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:55 AM on May. 7, 2009