This is for younger couples with children, how much do you spend on summer vacation?

For a married couple with one or two children, how much do you spend on a vacation? Im thinking that were going to spend close to 2,000 this summer with two children under 3. Is that too much or pretty reasonable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Travel

• That's pretty reasonable.. we have a 2 year old, and another on the way, but with just him we spend a lot.

We take him to Disney in Orlando,FL because kids 3 and under get in free, and my husband and I have annual passes, so when we go we only have to pay for gas there and back, food while there and a motel(but we also have family to stay with)

kids love it and it's reasonable prices!
    LCmommyof2

Answer by LCmommyof2 at 8:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Depends where you are going, we are planning on going to disney in november and I know just for the resort and air line tickets for the three of us is going to be close to 2,000 and thats not going to include everything that we will do while we are there, and food! I dont know about you but I love creating memories that will last a lifetime for my son. So we always go all out. This will be our first vacation away, we most go to indoor waterparks and hotels which are expensive too. We are also going camping in july for a week but that is cheaper than going far away. I guess it is all on what you want to spend. If you have it to spend, go ahead and have a good time!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We don't actually really travel out of state with our kids so much. I went to the tourism bureau and got an events schedule. They also had lots of coupons. So, we pretty much travel in-state and go to free or cheap fun things. Maybe once or twice, we'll do somthing more expensive like an amusement park.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It all depends on what you do & where you go. We spend anywhere from $700 to $1500 for a family of 4 for a 4-5 night vacation. When we go to Myrtle Beach we stay at a resort that includes a lot of our activities. When we take vacations closer to home, we camp so that saves money on accommodations. We also pack snacks & drinks for our trips and eat breakfast & lunch in the hotel or at the campground most of the time & just eat out for dinner. I'm estimating that we will spend around $1000 this summer. We could easily spend a lot more than that, but we make a budget & pick several activities to do that will keep us within that budget. I think that $2000 is reasonable. We want to go to Disney in the near future & I know that vacation will cost us a lot more than we usually spend.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 8:07 AM on May. 7, 2009

• sure- keep in mind that once they turn 12 all the discounts are gone and you are paying for all adults! Go NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• We have 1 DD, and depending on where we go we usually spend around $2,000-3,000. except when we go to Disney World, that always cost around $4-5,000
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 11:08 AM on May. 8, 2009