Im 39 weeks pregnant and dilated 4 1/2cm, im due any day but i want him to come already, any suggestions on inducing labor?

Write back asap

Lchula21

Asked by Lchula21 at 8:43 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Walk, walk, walk and walk!! Good luck, and congratulations!!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Ginger root tea. You have to drink it as hot as you can stand it. Well good luck. Congrats on the baby. Buy ginger root from your grocery store and boil.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• walk...acupressure...some herbal teas help...nipple stimulation...sex
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree. But I think walking is the best it helps the baby drop into birthing position.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• This might sound weird but I did squats. I held onto the arm of as chair and squatted as low as I could go. I did this several times a day from week 37 on with my last pregnancy. The other two I had to be induced with. With the last one I went into labor 10 days before my due date and had an easy labor. The only thing I did different was the squats.
    When I started to have contractions they were 5min apart all day long and never got any stronger, so I made my dh have sex with me. I laid down for 20 minutes and the contractions started getting stronger and closer together. So after I was already in labor The sex helped move it along.
    Good Luck...your baby will be here before you know it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:01 PM on May. 6, 2009

• The way I did it was..... sex. Probably not too safe, but we tried it and (gross) my water broke while we were doing it. I didn't go into labor but they used pitocin because of that.
    Anonymous

• I've heard sex. There is something in semen that can induce labor-you can't clean up right away....I know, gross-sorry!
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 9:07 PM on May. 6, 2009

• walk. I don't know about the sex thing but it sounds good but I know they tell you at the hospital to walk

Answer by admckenzie at 9:10 PM on May. 6, 2009

• acupuncture and walking and sex (orgasm causing contractions)....technically after 4cm you are in active labor...it's going to happen any minute or any day now for you...congrats, momma!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:21 PM on May. 6, 2009

• What's the hurry? Nature has been taking it's course throughout this pregnancy, why don't you just add a little patience to your walking and let your baby choose it's birthday. Let the peach ripen naturally, that's when it's the sweetest.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 9:34 PM on May. 6, 2009