Question for Christians...just curious...

I saw in a previous question a lot of women say God's law is their law and it is the only one that matters but how does this fit in with Romans 13:1-7? I though it goes against Christian beliefs not to obey the laws of the land...

And what if a the law goes against God's law?

hannahwill

Asked by hannahwill at 8:47 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only law I can see going against God is when they decide to make it illegal to be a Christian. Then I will be an out law. I will break that law and it is okay by God. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Good question but could you tell me which ones you are referring to?
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Sure, but what do you want me to specify...laws, statements or....
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• laws that would go against God's law please.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:59 PM on May. 6, 2009

• 1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. .
    Anonymous

• 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor
    Anonymous

• I do not see any conflict. I cannot think of any laws that go agaisnt God in the land I live in, and if I did it would be my duty to elect those that WILL keep the laws in tune with God.
    Anonymous

• Ummmmmm...
    It doesn't need to be anything specific...you can use your imagination or whatever.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• All of the laws are based off of God's laws.
    That is why I said "God's law is the only law that matters."
    I don't see ANYONE wanting people to run a much doing as they please. That would be total chaos. The only one who would want that is the devil of course.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Ummmmmm, like say for instance... if homosexual marriage is legalized, wouldn't a Christian minister be obligated to marry homosexual couples? Could they still refuse? Would that be going against God's law and the law of the land at the same time???
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:17 PM on May. 6, 2009