How can I get my son to sit in the tub?

My 8 month old son has recently figured out how to pull himself up on things and he will not stay sitting in his tub. I don't want him to fall and hurt himself and it makes bath time exhausting having to pick him up and put him in a sitting position over and over. Does anyone know any tricks for this or do I just have to put up with it until he can comprehend "sit down."

r_elizabeth2290

Asked by r_elizabeth2290 at 8:53 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used one of them little sets that stick to the bottom of the tub for mine. It was great. Plus you might try getting him some tub toys so he stays busy playing with them. Hope it works
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 9:15 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Ha mine is the same way. I keep meaning to buy one of those bath rings but for now I just have to sit right there and keep putting him down. I still have him in the infant tub so it's a little more challenging for him to get all the way up.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't know. My DD is 16 months and all of a sudden will not sit in the tub. She just stands there. I don't know what happened. If I were you I would try one of those little seats like shagbe4u is talking about. When mine was smaller that is what I used. She is too big for it now. Good luck...
    jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 9:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• They do not work either they even say on them not to use once your child your child starts pulling up... well mine does and it does me no good because he stands himself up in it and then it scares me even more and it's harder to sit him back down in... I had seen this ducky tub in my local walmart but the only one they had were pink and my DH would have had a fit if I got our son a pink ducky tub.. so a friend of mine had a yellow one that she was no longer using thats what I use now and it's AWESOME! It's just a smaller tub that you can sit them in and put it in your big tub and that way they have let room to move around and it's A LOT harder for them to stand in cause it's inflated so it's working great for me and it only cost about $10
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 10:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't have a magic trick... but what we are doing with my 9 month old.. is he gets to warnings to sit down (and we place him back on his bottom) if he does it again he's done. Sometimes bath time can be VERY short.
    He hasn't stopped standing but I am hopeful that he will start to make the connection that bathtime is over if he stands.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• to=two
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• wow I posted something similar a few hours ago! my son is 1. lately it's been right to standing up once in the tub. he bends over to play with the faucet and knobs, picks up toys, reaches for the shampoos...aaah! I do end up getting the job done, although it is hard to wash his hair now (and he hates water in his face). and it's fine that he plays, but sometimes i just want him to get clean and get him out lol. this morning he was soaked and I just HAD to give him a bath. but I wanted to shower also, and knowing how he'd just stand up the whole time, I decided to take a shower with him. it was wonderful! we chatted and had a great time and we both got nice and clean. it was so much easier washing him while I was in there with him! but if you want to stick with baths, have you tried using bath toys? my son loves playing with the spout cover
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• toys do not seem to work with him. he is only interested in everything he's not supposed to play with ha ha
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:18 PM on May. 7, 2009