I am due 9/4 and I just went to the doctor 4/28 and my doctor told me my child was only growing at a 35% when he should be at 50% by now, what does this mean?

stefanicasteel

Asked by stefanicasteel at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Of course I'm no Dr. but I think that only means that when you have your baby he/she will have a low birth weight. I hope that it is nothing serious.....Gud Luck
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 8:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Didn't you ask this to your OB or your OB explain it to you?
    Anonymous

• When he told me this I asked him what it meant and he said it means he could only weigh up to 6 or 7 pounds but thats a normal size baby now really. But than I heard it could mean your due date is off but I don't believe that.
    stefanicasteel

Answer by stefanicasteel at 8:58 PM on May. 6, 2009

• the baby will probably just be small...which I would consider a blessing because some babys are 9 or 10 pounds OUCH
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 9:01 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Honey, my dad was 11 and uncle was 13. I got lucky and got my baby daddy's side in baby sizes I guess.
    stefanicasteel

Answer by stefanicasteel at 9:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• that and he could pick up his growing later to wards the ending. the 35% is what he is growing at now. My son did alot of his growning the last 4 weeks ( his weight was 9lbs 13 oz ) good luck Just ask alot of ?? when you go back to the doc .
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 9:07 PM on May. 6, 2009

• On average, the baby doubles his weight in the seventh month. Your baby is just 15% off of the average weight for the months of your pregnancy. Don't worry, but be sure that you are eating well and eating enough. Eat nourishing food and take your vitamins regularly. Don't worry about your weight after the baby is born, it will come off easily enough. Make sure your baby is getting all the vitamin rich foods and he will thrive. www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 9:43 PM on May. 6, 2009