Is my three year old watching to much SpongBob?

My Three year old is an outdoors lil. guy. hes really not interested in toys that we have inside for him dont really play with any of his toys at all, but on rainy days or the long winter were inside and he could watch Spongbob all day long. Can a child watch to much tv?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• There is no such thing as too much Spongebob. As long as he is active inside the house and is not exposed to too much advertising on the tv, I wouldn't worry too much.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes, a child can watch too much t.v..
    Anonymous

• I hate to say it but yes, I think they say a kid shouldn't watch more than like an hour a day, maybe two? But hell, I didn't learn that till my son was bigger and we had clocked hours of tv daily. We had Lion King and Alladin memorized! LOL But you said he plays outside a lot so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes, TV needs to be limited. Rainy days and sick days can be exceptions to the rule. But I would stick to better stuff than SpongeBob - try just about anything on PBS, the Leap Frog videos, even Disney movies.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• An hour a day is all any child should watch tv. If that. This can be difficult but remember.........tv's arent that old lol. People didnt always have tv's :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes, he can watch too much. Spongebob isn't exactly quality children's programing either.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No more than 2 hours of "screen time" per day is what the experts say and Sponge Bob is not right for his age range. My 4 and 6 year old are still watching Clifford and Curious George and love those type of shows.
    Anonymous

• My 4 year old lives for sponge bob he thinks it should be on all the time yes I think he is addicted and its not good for him to watch all the time but us grown ups watch our soaps and our fav. shows so we cant really complain if a kid has a fav.
    Anonymous

• let that kid be a kid.. cuz soon he will know how mad the world is
    kaseysmom_07

Answer by kaseysmom_07 at 11:57 PM on May. 6, 2009