does your partner think you have it easy staying home with the kids

or do you think he has it easy going to work be honest ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Neither person has it "easy" at all. I promise you though, there are many many days I would love to trade with my bf and just go to work all day while he stays home with the kids and everything that comes along with them...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:10 PM on May. 6, 2009

• as my dh has said i could never deal with what u do all day everyday lol he couldnt handle the kids, school, laundry let alone dishes. i leave him for one hour on a sat and when i came home the house was trashed kids were screaming, its was annoying but funny too. and he knows i cant punch out its 24/7 365 days no holidays no vacaions. but i do know his job is hard and i couldnt do it.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:12 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My husband has it easy going to work. He has always worked fewer hours than me and now that I'm at home with the kids, I work harder and longer still!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i think we both have an important role because if you need each type of person to have a successful family. if he didn't work, who'd pay the bills! if i didn't stay home, who would take care of the kids?
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 9:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my hubby thinks i have it easy, i try to tell him my day never stops he gets to come home and relax but he doesnt understand, but i also wouldnt want to do his job. hes a cargo specialist, and loads and unloads boats and all kindsa things, but i could most definately work all day i have done it before and i miss it now. so....
    Anonymous

• yep thas what he tells me.. but i knwo we both do are parts..
    kaseysmom_07

Answer by kaseysmom_07 at 11:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hubby often tells me I have the harder job...no way!He works as a Police Officer at night,in a hard area of a big city.I know that his job is 100x's harder!
    MrsApple

Answer by MrsApple at 12:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

• he says he wouldnt do it for anything... and I don't think he has it easy persay.... its just a different kind of stress.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Well, I think dh's job is harder than mine. My daughter has her moments, but for the most part she is a complete joy. I love spending so much time with her. She has never been babysat by anyone, but the grandparents. Sometimes, they want her so much that I have to say no. I don't want to be away from her. He is a postal worker, but has a degree to teach. He is going to go back to teaching soon.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:52 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My husband works midnight shift at a prison about 20 minutes from our house. Sometimes I wish I could have his job so I could take a break from cleaning, laundry, diapering...ect, but he constantly complains that he wishes he could trade places with me so he could be with our son all day. Neither of us really know what the other goes through during the day ( or in his case, night.), So yeah....It's a toss up lol. I just wish he'd understand that taking care of a 6 month old, plus him who acts like a 6 year old....isn't always easy as pie!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 12:59 AM on May. 7, 2009