How do I get my daughter to sleep with-out getting frustrated?

mommy11-13-2008

Asked by mommy11-13-2008 at 9:14 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That depends on what's frustrating you. You need to try your hardest to stay calm, babies can sense when you're stressed and it makes them tense as well.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Go to your happy place. Close your eyes and picture her when she's sleeping in your arms, count to 5 when you're breathing in and then again when you breathe out and focus on it. If you're trying to rock her to sleep and she's just screaming, try and tune it out as much as possible, I know it's hard GL.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• thake a blanket and swaddle her. I have to do it with mine everytime she needs so sleep. rock her and pat her back. if she starts to fus put the bink in and gently blow in her eyes to get them to close. It will calm her down and you can stay calm at the same time. Hope it helps you...it works wondes for me
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 10:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It's hard I know! My little guy slept all night without a peep from 1 month old to 7 months. Then he changed on me. He would not go down easily and once down he woke up regularly at 1:00 and 4:30 am just about every night for 7 months straight! I tried the Cry it out Method. He cried once for almost 2 hours. That wasn't going to work.

Finally one day I put him down for a nap and stayed in the room with him. He cried, but he also knew I was there. I kept doing this for a few days. Finally one day he let me leave the room and he went to sleep on his own.

This is what worked for us. He felt safe cause I was there and I wasn't frustrated hearing him scream while I was in another room. Also, everynight we follow the same routine. He always gets a book or 2 to let him know bedtime is coming. Most nights he goes down easy! Not sure if this would work for you, but it did for us !
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Try nursing or bottle, whatever you do, and singing.. The singing calms the baby and gives you something to concentrate on. If you don't feel like singing, watch a movie (nothing too loud or exciting or baby won't want to sleep!) to keep your mind occupied. Shushing, jiggling, rocking, patting.. Find the thing that works best for your little one. :) And just.. remember how much you really do love the baby... even when s/he doesn't want to settle down for the night. After four kids, I can tell you.. every single one is different and you have to find their "Thing" that works. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Thank-you to all of you I will try all the suggestions and see what one works on my daughter!
    mommy11-13-2008

Answer by mommy11-13-2008 at 9:13 PM on May. 10, 2009