has anyone taken PROMETRIUM?

if so what are the side affects? what does it really do? and does it usually work well? i just got a prescription and he told me to take it for 10 days hope it works thanks for ur help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I take it now. It knocks me on my behind so take it at bedtime

Answer by admckenzie at 9:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes, I took it with two of my pregnancies. It did make me tired and slightly dizzy, especially at a high dose. I took it before bed to balance that out. In my case I took it while ttc with my middle child because I had a short luteal phase... I started at 10 dpo and then continued through my first tri when I was pg because of a history of bleeding. Though I still had bleeding with her, so the progesterone may have been a factor in conceiving but didn't seem to be the main factor with bleeding during pregnancy for me. With my youngest we were suprised to be pg, but because I had taken it and had good results with a previous pregnancy and had a history of bleeding my doctor suggested I take it for the first tri. HTH, lots of luck!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It was like really bad PMS for me (bloated, crampy, grouchy). I took it to induce a period when I stopped taking it, but it did not do that for me.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:23 PM on May. 7, 2009