Exercise equipment?

I am thinking of getting a treadmill. I have a Curves membership but I am not seeing results; they don't have a treadmill or eliptical and most of the members of my Curves are elderly women, so the equipment kind of reflects that. Soooooo back to my point. Do you have a treadmill or other at home exercise equipment that you use? If so, what kind?

MonkeyMomma07

Asked by MonkeyMomma07 at 9:27 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• A good middle of the road treadmill (not too expensive, and the cheap ones you won't use), and hand weights in 3, 5, 8 and 10 lbs. These work perfectly, although if you don't have the money to buy a treadmill, walk outdoors. :) Its better for you anyway. When you actually walk your body moves thru the air and burns more calories, than when you are stationary. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I used to own a treadmil and MISS IT dearly. You don't really need an expensive one, if you have to get one at all. I go for a run ( to the corner and back right now lol) every night. You definetly need cardio to help lose weight and get in better shape. You can also jump rope, run in place, turn on the t.v. and do one of those insanely funny cardio work outs that are on... I love to do them but they look rediculous lol.
    Curves isn't really designed to help people lose weight in my opinion, the equipment they have is minimal and has almost no resistance. Get some 5, 10, 20 lbs weights and use them at home.. it'll save you gas money and time and you'll get more out of it.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 10:59 PM on May. 7, 2009