Has anyone had back to back miscarriages and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

I am so nervous to try again. My Dr seems to think everything will be fine. He told me as soon as i find out i am prego again to start taking baby aspirin in case i am clotting. he ordered blood work so i will hopefully find out what is wrong. I have never met anyone who has had 2 miscarriages in a row, so i am assuming this is not normal. i would love to know if anyone has had 2 in a row and had a healthy pregnancy following. I would like to think it was pure coincidence and nothing is wrong with me, but the worrier in me thinks the worst. I dont want to go through the physical pain of miscarriage again.
btw, i have a healthy 6 year old daughter who i had no problems conceiving or carrying

longonevs

Asked by longonevs at 9:43 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My good friend had two and then a boy. My sister had two and then twins.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• thanks so much, it really makes me feel good to hear success stories. i really appreciate it
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 10:01 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i had two in late 06 and then got prego with my youngest son (after i quit a very stressful job) he was born 11/28/2007 so good luck
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 11:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I have been wondering the same thing...we are in the same boat except I have a 5 and a 2 year old, no problems either time! My doctor even said the same thing.....if they only knew how hard it is on us mamas! Good luck to you and hopefully we will both have success!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:38 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I had a miscarriage in Jan 06, tried for a year and finally had another miscarriage in Jan 07. March 07 I got pregnant, nearly lost him through a massive bleed at 12 weeks BUT had a beautiful baby boy in Nov 07 (yes he was a few weeks early but all good healthwise). No advice on how to get pregnant as I"ve just had another miscarriage but there is hope. Miscarriage is a bad but very populated club that I wish more people would talk about so you don't feel so isolated. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My SIL had a son, then had three or four miscarriages before having her daugther four years ago.
    Mommy_Carebear

Answer by Mommy_Carebear at 8:22 AM on May. 7, 2009

• thanks for all the responses. they are very helpful. i will keep my fingers crossed.
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 8:45 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I did. After my 1st one the Dr put me on fertility meds, got pregnant 3 months later and lost it at 13 weeks. I continued oral fertility treatments for 6 months and failed to get pregnant. I stopped the treatments and 5 months later got pregnant with triplets. I thought I was going to have a problematic pregnancy due to my previous history, but I didnt have any complications and was put on bedrest at 37 weeks and delivered 3 days later. Im glad I was blessed with triplets because I had a complete emergency hysterectomy at 22 years old. The bleeding would not cease from the C-section.

DH and I hoped to have a big family, but someone had other plans for us.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:18 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yep, I did 20 years ago, I had 2 miscarriages and I stopped trying. About 3 years later I was pregnant with twins, two years after that I had triplets, three year after that I had another set of twins, three years after that I had my last set of triplets. I spotted during all my pregnancies, but I was thankful that all the babies were healthy.
    tessiemae41

Answer by tessiemae41 at 9:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• 1st preg was a success...then I had 2 m/c in a row...1 at 3 months and the next at 6wks...i did a lot of self blame..DONT DO THAT 2 YOURSELF!(easier said then done...it is a mourning process! That your and your partner will go through! It effects him too..I needed to be reminded of that!)...I got preg a month later and by God's blessing i am due in two months...dont know what were having, and looking forward to the surprise........My best advise is enjoy your life, keep open communication with your partner, and feel good about you first....if a baby is in the cards for you, it will happen when God knows your ready! Good Luck, GodBless!!!!
    CTYOURBLESSINGS

Answer by CTYOURBLESSINGS at 9:37 AM on May. 7, 2009