water birth?

i am seriously considering a water birth for my first child i wanted to no if anyone lives in the arizona area that knows wether or not banner thunderbird does water births at the hospital also if anyone has had them do they help ease the pain?

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 9:53 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not in your area but I would suggest joining Natural Pregnancy and Birth because there are probably women there who will know.

As far as easing the pain it DOES work. In fact it's called the "midwives epidural."

I would suggest looking into CNMs in your area that deliver in hospital if your set on a hospital birth because it is very rare to find a doctor willing to do one. Also look into local birthing centers.

AND check out Hypnobabies. I can see that your going into your delivery expecting pain. If you go into expecting a good experience instead of crimpling pain like many women in America do you will have a much better and less painful experiance.
    Anonymous