potty training help plz!!

hello mamas i just need some tips on potty training my daughter! I think potty training a girl is harder than potty training a boy, but im having the hardest time trying to potty train her. She's 2 1/2 she seems like she's interested in the potty but i just really dont know how to go about and get started. So plz if you have any tips on how to get started on trying to potty train her i would love to hear them.

single_mommie24

Asked by single_mommie24 at 9:53 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put her in underwear and shell learn the feeling of being wet and usually they dont like it. i started my dd on the potty whenever i would go just to get the feel for it, and then i put her in underwear when she learned how to say pee and poo, and she quickly learned that it wasnt fun being all wet, she never pooped her pants though , i dont know why, but im sure its still gonna happen sometime.
    Anonymous

• I haven't dealt with potty training a girl yet (she's only 11m) but I'm working on our 3rd boy right now. My advice? Let her put some Big Girl Panties on.. Take her to the potty right away and let her try. Do this periodically -like every half hour maybe?- throughout the day. Praise success, be "sad" for her misses.- No child likes to disappoint their parent! And don't hurry to change the accidents because she won't like the feeling of it! (But don't just let her sit in it either, you know?) And don't, whatever you do, put her in a diaper or a pull up ever again. Rubber sheeting on the bed, on the couch, whatever. But my doc said putting them back in a diaper or a pull up (which is just like a diaper!!) sends them mixed messages.. That sometimes it's okay and sometimes it's not.. My two oldest boys were fully trained within 1-2 weeks. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:58 PM on May. 6, 2009

• The 3 Day Potty Training is the best! My son has been out of diaper for 2 months. I've heard boys are harder and take a little longer, but each kid is different. Look The 3 Day Potty Training up online. It's a pdf you can purchase and well worth it.
    michelle.west

Answer by michelle.west at 1:27 AM on May. 7, 2009