Are you superstitious?

hannahwill

Asked by hannahwill at 10:14 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope, but I believe in self-fulfilling prophecy. Meaning people who expect the worst on full moons and Friday the 13th will get it because they've put themselves in such a distracted state they're guaranteed to make bad things happen.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No, not really, but I don't like those weird statues in my house. Just because they're weird.
    Anonymous

• No I am not very superstitious.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:25 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No, not at all, but I do find myself looking for wood to knock on.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• A little bit. It's silly, but I try to avoid cracks, I won't walk under ladders, and I never say "If I'm lying may God strike me dead".
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Nope, I love that Jesus said that the Truth would set us free, free from superstitions and things taught to keep people down from fear....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 11:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Nope not at all!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:21 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Nothing has power unless you believe it does. I know there are gemstones and certain metals out there that are supposed to help with things like arthritis and that type stuff, which, ok maybe those work. But as far as curses and those type things, they only have the power you give them. And, trust, i have stepped on several craks and my mother is still amazingly broken back free.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes, about alot of things. I believe that many superstitions are BASED in fact. Not that they are word for word on the button, but that there is fact behind them. Like opening an umbrella inside is bad luck - Well, yeah, it's bad luck for the poor shmuck that gets stuck in the eye... Or walking under a ladder is bad luck... Sure is for the guy that falls off of it or the lady with paint in her hair. So, I stick to them, if for no other reason than if I'm wrong, I loose nothing, if I'm right, no one gets hurt... It's all good to me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 AM on May. 7, 2009