Need advice....

ok i am 35 weeks and 3 days i have already went to the hospital and they stopped my contractions. Went to the doc 2 days later and he gave me some pills to take to stop them. because i was still having them. I have already dropped alot. the doc says he wants me to go another 3 or 4 weeks. Do you think that i will make it that long? It is my first. How long do the contractions start before i start to go in to labor? this is all new to me so any advice or imformation will help. Thanks

firsttimer09

Asked by firsttimer09 at 10:15 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 38 weeks is considered full term so thats the goal you want to give yourself. as far as how long after contractions start will you go into labor i really don't know i was induced w/my first b4 my due date. but i would do whatever your doc suggested to keep the contractions down to a minimum. and def go back into the hospital if you feel they are getting stronger/closer. good luck hun
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• how long after contractions start that you go into labor is different for everyone theres no for sure amount of time
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Actually 37 weeks is considered term so if you can get there you are gold. However sweetie you should know that at this point your baby has a really excellant chance of doing really well with a little bit of help from a nicu.
    Anonymous

• o.k. this may be a little scary but i was in FULL BLOWN LABOR for the last SIX WEEKS with my daughter and i took the pills and had my labor stopped it was miserable but my daughter was born happy healthy and well developed so u may have to tuff it out sweetie it really doesnt have a set time the docs usually know best if you feel like your body is right and doc is wrong get a second opinion though
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 11:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I was prescribed the pills to take starting at 34 weeks because I was having consistent contractions. I took them until 37 weeks and stopped (my doc said 36 weeks is full term). Anyway my son finally came when I was induced at 41 weeks. So it all depends on your body. As for the contractions, for me, I definately felt the difference between easy contractions and the ones that were actually acomplishing something. My sis told me to wait until I had a hard time talking while I was having a contraction and then to go to the hospital. This seemed to be pretty accurate to me.
    LindsK

Answer by LindsK at 11:43 PM on May. 6, 2009