anyone else need to vent tonight?

Today i went to pick up my child, well i found out that this 3 rd grade threaten my child with a knife 2 days in a row well this child just got a talking to again and nothing done and this child has been bulling my child after school i have had it cause the mom has did anything to punish her child so i made a complaint to the town cop. now my hubby thinks i over did it but i think not...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You never know with kids now days , I think you did the right thing. What if this child is doing this to Other children as well .. it needs to be noted.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 10:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You did the right thing. If the school isn't helping you, you have to protect your kid. Have you talked to the principal? Weapons aren't allowed at our public school and you get kicked out if you have them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No way did you over-react! If someone threatened your husband two days in a row with a knife, wouldn't HE tell a cop?

Just because it's a kid is no excuse for this kind of behavior....we all know what kids are capable of these days. (Columbine, etc.)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It amazes me how some parents can let their child get so violent that they threaten other kids. I would report the mother to CPS honestly.
    IMO, you did the right thing. I mean, the kid threatened your child with a KNIFE!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would but there would be so many F bombs it would get deleted!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:21 PM on May. 6, 2009

• as in he had a knife when he threatened him? i'd have called the cops and sat in the office of the school until they showed up and then let the principal explain why nothings been done. if it was the threat of using the knife i still would have called the cops and reported it and i would have made sure they knew the school was aware of it and hadn't done anything either
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• WOW!!!! Why hasn't the school punished him? My school system has a no tolerance policy for weapons or bullying. You did the right thing, you have to protect your child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• This school that we are in is small prolly about 400 kids in school cause my sons class is 12 kids only and no one looks for anything like knife or a gun . (op)
    Anonymous

• still they have to realize that kids these days grow up alot quicker than they did even 10 years ago, and that school violence has gone way beyond fist fights in the playground. especially since its a smaller school you'd think they'd be more aware of issues with their students. i'd even consider transfering schools if that is how they react to something like that. what happens when a kid threatens to bring a gun to school and actually follows through b/c the school authorities did nothing about it?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• last yr they did have a gun at school but they did punish that 11 th grader 2 weeks no school. i even tried to talk to this mother and i felt like she just didn't even hear me but when i said your child need angermangment thats when she blew up at me .. (op)
    Anonymous