Im 35 weeks what should I have packed for me and baby for the hospital??

please help! im feeling unprepared and i want to make sure i don't forget anything!

brooklyn10

Asked by brooklyn10 at 10:27 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I packed a couple of cheap nightgowns, a robe, and a fresh set of street clothes, including a few extra sets of underwear...(make sure they are maternity...your body will still need them for a bit more.)

My typical toiletries (as in staying overnight at a hotel)

Magazines and camera

EARPLUGS! (Amazing how loud hospitals can be)

The hospital will provide you with any feminine pads you need. Mine had room service, and the food was terrific! (I had a C-section and stayed three days.)

Congratulation, hon. You're very organized and will do fine.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Baby- Diaper bag with things needed for baby (diapers, wipes, clothing to wear home, blanket, anything specail) Car seat!

You- Bag with tooth brush, hair brush, comfy clothing, PJ's, any other things you use to get ready

Camera!!!

Place it all in a place so your ready to go and dont have to think where everything is!!!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 10:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• -stuff for dad if he is staying at the hospital with you, deodorant a few tshirts that kind of thing (or whoever it is that will be with you)
    -my hospital doesn't provide pads for mom or paci's for baby so, you may want to ask at your next apointment if there is anything they do not provide (my doc didn't tell me and with my first at a diff hospital they did provide both so i didn't think to ask i found out from another mom who just recently delivered there)
    -a book or something to do while in labor in between contractions
    -a phone card if you need to call anyone who is out of the area, cell phone charger
    -extra batteries/film for the camera (don't want to take one pic and have the batteries die, this happened to us but we had some in the car)
    -if you are breastfeeding, nursing pads, bra and shirts/nightgowns that unbutton on top or are made for breastfeeding that way you dont have to be topless
    CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• install the car seat now, and i would put the bag in a closet or a place where you know where it is, with a list of what needs to be added to it on top. (your tolitries etc..if you aren't using travel size, makeup if you want makeup for pics anything you haven't packed already that way you don't forget it i was 38 weeks went in for a blood pressure check didn't take anything and was told to go straight to the hospital to be induced so i had to call hubby and have him pick up my bag b/c we lived 1 1/2 hours away so needless to say, after he got there he had to go get our tolitries and a few other little things i figured i would remember when we had to go in but since i wasn't with him and was panicked got forgotten)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You will need comfy clothes because you probably won't want to get right into your jeans after having your first child. You should pack a few night gowns and a few pairs on underwear. Your typical daily need,ie toothbrush, toothpaste etc. The baby will need a going home outfit and a special blanket. Also, if you want a different type of paci than the ones the hospital gives out,bring that too. You should also bring your own baby wipes becuase the ones my hospital gave us were like paper towles that you had to wet before wipping the baby. And don't forget the baby book, a camera, and your cell phone. I also don't like hospital pillows,so i took my own pillow when i had both my kids.
    mamagoose718

Answer by mamagoose718 at 10:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• For you:
    Nursing gown
    Nursing Pads
    Lanolin
    Shampoo
    Conditioner
    Soap
    Scubby
    A comfortable outfit to wear home (remember your still go to look about 6 months pregnant when you leave)
    Brush
    Comb
    Tooth Brush
    Tooth Paste
    Snacks to eat during and after labor
    Camera
    Change for the vending machine
    Boppy Pillow
    An items you just need to feel comfortable
    Oil or lotion for massage during labor
    Warm packs for your back during labor

Your DH:
    A bathing suit in case you want to get into the shower during labor
    Extra Clothing
    Snacks
    Toiletries

Your Baby:
    Blankets
    Going home outfit
    Diapers and Wipes (not all hospitals provide them and sometimes they only carry one kind so if baby is allergic you'll need the ones you brought from home)
    Burp Clothes
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• all the previously posted items are a must....here are few other suggestions....

1. extra batteries for your camera, just in case, that day only happens once

2. your baby book-- you can fill it out during your stay and get baby's foot prints in it

3. snacks- if you don't want to eat vending machine food between your meals

4. nail clippers for baby- both of my kids had long nails when they were born and babies tend to scratch themselves

gown or sleeper for baby- the hospital I deliver in puts newborns in those bottomless snap shirts. I never liked those so I bring something more cozy to snuggle my baby in.

Hope you have an easy labor and delivery!!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/checklist/hospital-packing.aspx check this out- i hope it helps!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:32 PM on May. 6, 2009