When can I start my baby on Oatmeal?

My baby is doing great eating the Rice cereal, and I've been thinking about when to introduce Oatmeal. She is 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The doctors say 4 months. I started my son on rice cearal at like 2 months and he is just fine
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 10:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• IF THE FORMULA YOUR GIVING HER DONT FILL HER UP THEN YEA YOU CAN GIVE HER CEREAL. JUST A TEASPOON OF CEREAL TO MAKE THE FORMULA MORE THICKER. REMEMBER IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU PUTTING CEREAL IN HER MILK THEN SHE WILL GET A LITTLE CONSTIPATED BUT IF THAT HAPPENS YOU CAN GIVE HER A LITTLE BIT OF PRUNE JUICE DILUTED IN WATER♥♥
    BABICAKES904

Answer by BABICAKES904 at 10:35 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If she's been doing good on rice for a while go for it! I think we had my son on oatmeal at 6 or 7 months. He loved the banana flavored kind.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:38 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I started my daughter on rice cereal at 6 months. About 2 weeks into rice I switched it up with giving her oatmeal too. Just do the same as you would introducing other foods, wait at least 3 days in between new foods to see if there is an allergy.
    Anonymous

• You can start now. Avocado is a great first food for babies, it is loaded with good fats for babies growing brains. cooked and mashed sweet potatoes are great to introduce now, too. the best book on feeding babies is Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; you should be able to find a copy at your local library; more information at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 5:02 AM on May. 7, 2009