My child's name..

My boyfriend has the last name of Walker. He wants to name our baby, if it is a boy, Lucas Sky Walker, after Luke Sky Walker...I don't have the heart to tell him that I don't want my kid having a Star Wars characters name. What should I tell him?

Aumbrey

Asked by Aumbrey at 10:28 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You tell him that you don't really like it. Suggest something else he might like, but just keep in mind it's your baby too and if you don't agree on a name than you'll regret naming him that.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Oh tell him to get a pet & name it that not a human being please dont give in to him that's cruel
    Anonymous

• You tell him how you feel about it. It takes time choosing a name and you both want to agree on it! :) My friend let her 7 year old name her daughter because they felt like that would make him feel included and they knew that he would choose Leia (Princess Leia) and they were okay with that! :)
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 10:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• This is almost as bad as my SO wanting to change his last name to Bill so we can name our baby (if its a boy) Dolla Bill..=[

Just tell him no. Tell him you have to find a name you both like and agree on.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• hahaha omg...just flat out tell him thats ridiculous...sometimes our SO needs a reality check
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my hubby has some mexican heritage and wanted to name our son Miquel which is a nice name, however our last name is french, and our dd looks more like me than him (he's white but darker, brown hair brown eyes) i'm pale, blonde blue eyes, could you imagine a kid with the name miquel leger (pronounced legey) w/blonde hair and blue eyes? omg that poor kid! thank god we had a girl first b/c he would not come around on it at all before we found out she was a girl then after seeing her he was like ohh guess that wouldn't work!
    just tell him you don't like the idea of naming your child after a character in a movie
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:01 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hahah don't worry chick my hubby liked the name Frankenstein, Vampira, and Violence as middle names.

Guess what? VETO VETO VETO haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:38 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hahahhaha I knew this kid in elementary school, his parents named him anekin skye walker. He was always picked on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on May. 7, 2009

• no! lol how about dylan or cole or something and let him pick the middle or first name not both so u can make them not "go together" in a bad way
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 2:45 PM on May. 7, 2009