birth control..need to know the best..HELP!!!

im looking to find the best birth control that doesnt make you gain weight or lose your sex drive please help..im on the nuva ring the weight is fine but i feel like i can never get in the mood anymore..and i so badly want to..

twinmumma

Asked by twinmumma at 10:32 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Health

• It really varies by person. You may be best off gong to something non hormonal like an IUD.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would advise you NOT to get the Depo shot I've had so many problems when I was on it and only had 2 shots 2 yrs ago and my period was totally out of wack for over a year just got it regular again. They also say that it takes a long time to get out of your system I had been ttc and couldn't figure out why I couldn't and the Dr. said that it could be in my system and take as long as 2 1/2 years to get completely out. If you have any other questions about the Depo shot message me

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:56 AM on May. 7, 2009

• yea im never gonna get the depo so many ppl have told me that it makes you gain wit like crazy and i have seen it my friend weighed like 110 and then all of a sudden within a few months she got up to 140 she wasnt pigging out or anything so im def not doing that one
    twinmumma

Answer by twinmumma at 10:16 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I love Ortho Novum 777! It is the best pill I don't gain weight I don't lose my sex drive and I don't get headaches or anything it is really good.
    CaliMama88

Answer by CaliMama88 at 11:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I love my diaphram. Yes, it is old fashioned. It is also hormone free, safe, easy to reverse, easy to use.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• condoms
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• we already use condoms along with my birthcontrol..plus the first time we got pregnant was because our condom broke..
    twinmumma

Answer by twinmumma at 4:17 PM on May. 7, 2009