Do strangers touch your bump?

It has not happened a lot, but a few times when I'm out and about, complete strangers come up and want to/go ahead and touch my belly. PERSONAL BUBBLE, PEOPLE!! It freaks me out, and it's hard to be polite about it. How would/do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't want to touch a strangers bump, but I did just touch my neighbors bump and even talked to it lol!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• OMG! when i was preggo with my ds, i went to the mall once and had one lady touch my stomach and was like "rub the budha"...i was like "whoa lady, WTH??"
    Anonymous

• I think people look at me and go "Man, that girl looks like too much of a b*tch to touch her stomach"
    I'm only 19 weeks friday and I'm already huge..I look like I'm about 6-7 months already..and strangers don't come up and touch it. I just get the rude remarks about my baby bump when me and my SO run into girls that he knows. They always go "wow, your big" in that rude tone that makes me want to punch them in their jealous mouths.
    But if random people did come up and touched it, I think I would just let them and then go on with my day. I hate when people invade my bubble but hey, whatever. It'll be over in a couple months.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Marix3: I'm gonna practice "looking like a bitch" so once I start showing I don't have to worry about it! Hehe. And as far as those "wow yr big" comments... "I'll be back to normal in a few months, too bad you'll always be a bitch."
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 10:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• people do that to me sometimes and I hate it...I find the best way to get them to stop is to tell them to stop. Tell them your sorry but you dont feel comfortable with them touching your belly. One day i was in a BAD mood and someone did that to me and I know it was kinda snotty and I wish I hadnt did it but i started rubbing there belly and was like "how do you like it" they got the hint..
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I was a little meaner about it then that...that was the g rated version
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• lol guitarlove, it gets you out of alot of unwanted questions and everything. Pregnancy has turned me into a bitch but only in needed situations=]

"I'll be back to normal in a few months, too bad you'll always be a bitch."
    I think i'll use that line tho haha
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Not if they want to live! I agree with Matrix3. After three pregnancies I have the I am bitch look down pretty good.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• lol- it happens but the worst was when i had just had my youngest, i think he was a month or 2 old and i had to go to the pathmark with him because my fiance was at work and my mil was ok with watching the 2 older boys but she was (and still is) too nervous to keep newborns and as i was searching through the produce some random lady came and tried KISSING MY BABY ON THE MOUTH!!! omg! i snatched the cart holding the carseat away from her so fast i thought she was going to fall over mid lean- thank God i snatched him when i did because a second later she would have been in full smooch mode with my newborn- i flipped the f out on that lady- had everyone in the pathmark looking at me like i was crazy then went on about my shopping lol-
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:09 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i had a woman come up and ask me when i was due and put her hand on my belly. then tell me that my doctor was wrong. im 30 weeks she did this yesterday. she told me that my baby would be here by the end of the month. i was freaked out. my SO grabbed my hand and politly said were going to leave the medical stuff to the doctors and pulled me away. im still freaked out she said that. it was the weirdest thing i ever heard
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 11:53 AM on May. 7, 2009