Bonding with babies after one

It took me 7 weeks to really bond with my daughter and have feelings for her. Will it be like this next time I have a baby? Or the next? What were your experiences with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Also, remember that every child and every relationship is different. You cannot use your experience from one child to gauge future bonding experiences with other children.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Bonding is not something you accomplish merely in the newborn stage. You are bodning with your kids every single day of your life, till the day you die.

So...don't pressure yourself. Its fine. You'll bond just dandy.

Example: I didn't meet my adoptive parents till I was ten months old. I was better bonded to them than my husband is to his mother. The popular theory of bonding is, in my humble opinion, ten pounds of bullpuckey in a five pound bag. Even the guys who coined it backed away from it years ago.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:48 PM on May. 6, 2009