Can you exchange a brand of formula for the same brand but different kind at Walmart, with out a receipet?

My mother-in-law bought 6 cans of Nestle Good Start Supreme but it was stage 2 for the 9 to 24 months old. I want to exchange it for the regular formula. My mil can't find the receipts. I was wondering if any of you have exchanged formula at walmart and what are their polices on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep we did it before. my MIL bought the wrong kind, it was actually Enfamil next step, so we brought it to walmart without a receipt, explained what happened and they let us exchange it with no problems. it might matter on if your walmart is picky or not, or who's working that day
    Anonymous

• i agree with anonymous...it all depends on whose working and how picky they are..most people however will let it slide as long as theyre unopened
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I had to exchange so much stuff without receipts at walmart after my babyshower...you can exchange anything without the receipt at wal-mart. You can take it back and they'll even put the amount of the object youre exchanging on a gift card so you can go spend the money in the store.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Well, i agree with the other ladies. My 16 month old and my oldest child was never on steady formula.When you leave the hospital you are either given Similac and Enfamil for your baby. Unless, your baby has a allergy or some other condition. Those two formulas are iron formulated.
    So make sure when you buy other brands you read the ingred- on the back of the can or package it comes in . Walmarts brand is the same like Enfamil. Just take a look on the label. Some items are little higher or lower then others but, they all seem to be just as safe as the big money maker brands. Also, Iam a Infant teacher for child care center and some parents and I always have chats about whats good and whats not. Just after you decided your choice consult your doc. But, sometimes they are not always right. Mothers know best.
    lovebug1976

Answer by lovebug1976 at 11:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• WalMart is ususally really good about exchanges. I don't think you should have any problem.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I have never been able to and it's horrible because it's those mothers who are on WIC will take the formula back that they get and get the money for them and go get whatever they please with it and let there baby suffer and it sucks when things like this happens to the good moms and we can't even trade them but they might like they said it all depends but it's worth a try... if not you can always sale it on ebay
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• yeah walmart will take most things and just give u a gift card
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:16 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I disagree the other day I went to wal-mart to exchange formula, we had to switch and they said because of WIC they were notletting anyone exchange withou a receipt. Something to do withe the WIC program.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 7, 2009