Does it drive you nuts when people ask you if you...

Named your child after someone famous? My oldest daughter's name is Blythe and I ALWAYS get asked "Did you name her after Blythe Danner?" I always want to get smart back and say "yes, that's it...I named her after Gweneth Paltrow's mom who I have never met and but, hey, she's famous!"

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:39 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I've gone through this with so many people. My son's name is Antonio. Well, needless to say, I get asked "So did you name him after Antonio Banderas?" *sigh*
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:10 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yeah. Like DD Scarlett and Scarlett Johanson. Of course I didnt name her after some famous chick! Im not some weird obsessed fan!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't get that because my daughter doesn't share her name with a celeb but I know a few women that DO name their kids after celebrities. I would never name my kid after a celebrity.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My name is Dianna and I always got asked if I was named after Princess Diana....what?
    I was born in 1968...there was some actress Dianna Lynn? I never heard of her though.
    I did name my son Josh after Tom Hanks "Big" character Josh Baskin...but no one really has ever asked that.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My 5 yo is Stella. With older people I get asked about the movie with the famous yelling of "Stella"... I think its Street Car Named Desire. My Mom was so upset that I would name her that. She thought Stella would get teased in school because of the movie (as if ANY child going to school in THIS decade has even heard of that movie?!)

I also hate that Tori Spelling named her daughter Stella....
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I didn't name my daughter for Mariel Hemingway, but that's where I heard the name.  I was about fifteen, and loved it so much I swore I would name a daughter that name.  fifteen years later, I did.

callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 12:21 AM on May. 7, 2009

• YES! People think I named my daughter after Angelica Pickles on Rugrats!

NO! NO! I named her Angelica Jane because its UNCOMMON.
    Geez people. I know how you feel hon. hehe
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 11:15 AM on May. 7, 2009

• hahahaha! I get the same thing about MY DD named Angelica Rose! Pretty funny since she was born before the Rugrats ever came out! She'll be 21 this year! She was named Angelica for the meaning :"Messenger from Heaven." We call her Angel. She hated her name for years though because of that stupid cartoon!angel mini

coffeeizmydrug

Answer by coffeeizmydrug at 2:38 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh, I almost forgot! My DS name is "William Blake" but no body has EVER asked me if it was for the famous 17th century Poet and Painter! hahaha!  Actually, he was named for my Dad, William, and me & EX  just LIKED the name Blake. We call him "Blake"  or William Blake if he's in trouble! lol!  He is now 18. teen boy

coffeeizmydrug

Answer by coffeeizmydrug at 2:42 PM on May. 7, 2009