how often

do you have to buy new shoes/sneakers for your child? i bought my ds a pair of sneakers 3 months ago that were a half a size too big and now they are too small! his feet grew a whole size in 3 months!!!

krazymami028

Asked by krazymami028 at 10:39 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Shoes are the one area where you should never scrimp. Growing feet have soft bones and it is important to keep them well supported. The next time you take you child shoe shopping, go to a children's shoe store and ask the sales person to show you how to make sure the shoes fit properly.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:54 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My daughter is the same way! She is 3.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my daughter ends up having to get new sneakers about 3 times a year. i take her to stride rite when her shoes get too small have her sized then buy one pair of shoes from them (they are expensive about $30-$50 for a pair of their sneakers) but then that gives me a better idea of what size to get her than if i were to try and figure it out on my own. and she only needs that one pair for the time b/c they don't get beat up easily, so the only other shoes she gets is if i see something really cute or its spring/summer and she gets some sandals
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I have to buy AJ new shoes about every 3-4 months. He'll be 4 in a few days and he's growing so fast right now!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my daughters feet are big okay? she's probably had new shoes every 2 months since she turned a year- i know she's had size 3.5, 4,4.5,5.5,6,6.5,7.7w.7.5, 8.5 and 9! In two years- so count your blessings that she is growing and buy new shoes- hit those garage sales! gs shoes are ok, i think since toddlers hardly wear them. just make sure the shoes are not worn badly on the soles.
    pkrdiesel

Answer by pkrdiesel at 12:01 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Mine usually goes up half a size in about 6 months. My son has small feet and obviously doesn't grow as quickly as others. My 2 year old goes up half a size every 2-3 months though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• idk, i take my kids into walmart of the dollar general with me, and we put them on, if they can walk in them ok and dont cry, its the right size lol, i usually make my oldest try them on, anthony because out of the twins, he will cry faster if its too big or too small, he is a little prissy lmao
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 11:04 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Generally... 1-1 1/2 months for my DD (4YO,) 6-8 months for my SD (10 YO,) my oldest SD (16 YO) has slowed down considerably. But generally if one kid gets a new pair, all get a new something- whether it be in shoes, shirts, etc... In all fairness.
    twistedchik1153

Answer by twistedchik1153 at 3:35 PM on May. 7, 2009