i want to start a playgroup. any tips, suggestions, advice?

start playgroup help

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 10:39 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you know a lot of moms in your area? or if you have a local group on here you can promote it there, or at your local library, or newspaper. or if you want it to remain for people you already know, just tell them, then maybe next time they can bring a friend. have some food out, kid friendly stuff like some sandwiches, or fish sticks and fries, maybe some fruit punch and iced tea...stuff like that! put the disney channel on or have a bunch of kid friendly movies available. if you already know who's coming, set a time which you know will work. like when they are home from school, or a couple hours before or after the naps. have toys out in the open which everyone can share! especially crayons. thats all I can think of!
    Anonymous

• I'm an organizer of a playgroup on Meetup.com. They do have a monthly fee that you can either pay for yourself, charge a reasonable fee to member (1 dollar a month is good) or get sponsors. Send me a message if you want more info. I have over 220 moms and nearly 400 kids so I would say I'm pretty knowledgeable on this subject.
    michelle.west

Answer by michelle.west at 1:22 AM on May. 7, 2009