Do you think

I can get diability or ssi since i had two back surgerys and its hard to find a job that i dont have to lift anything and i still have bad back pain and i am on pain me. Plus after my last surgery i have feeling loss that comes and goes in my right leg. also my dr made it clear that i may have to have more surgerys in the furture because my back is in really bad condition

hopenalivia

Asked by hopenalivia at 10:48 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• does your doctor think so? that is the person you need to ask!
    Anonymous

• I think you should be able to, you can probaly apply on line. Like the pp said talk to your dr, he/she will be the one to fill out the papers sent to them from SS.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You will probably need an attorney also, my Aunt did, it took a while but she finally got it. She has fibromialgia(sp?) anyway, talk to your Dr and an attorney.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would ask your doctor if he thinks that you will be able to return to work. Applying for social security takes awhile and more often than not you will be turned down the first time. If you need assistance applying look up for local Disability Law Center, they can help you. If you would like assistance in finding a job that you can do with your limitations you should apply for your state Vocational Rehabilitation services.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:08 AM on May. 7, 2009