Tums?

I get heartburn and ive been taking ONE tum a day the kast 2 days..and a few weeks ago i did it for a few days to. My SO sister took tums when she got heartburn I assume its safe but id rather be safe then sorry. My due date is so close I dont see a point in bringing it up to my doctor..

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 10:54 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yup tums are ok, you can take as much as you need to as long as you dont exceed the boxes directions
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It's pure calcium. Some people use it for a suppliment.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My doctor says Tums are Ok but recently in my prenatal class they were talking about the risk that they pose because of what they turn into inside your body. I can't remember exactly but I'll look when I get home I'll look at my notes and get back to you.
    Anonymous

• Tums are just fine. I took I don't know how many a day with my twins, my heartburn was soooo bad. I took a lot with my other two as well, not like over doing it, just took them when i needed to. Zantac 150 is also okay to take as well, I had to go to my OB with the twins because the tums just weren't doing it.
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 10:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i dont take tums daily but if i get heartburn i take 3- my doc said it was perfectly fine and the added benefit of the calcium in it doesn't hurt!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:04 PM on May. 6, 2009