What do you think about naming your first son after your husband?

I'm not pregnant yet, but my husband and I have a few names picked out for either boys or girls since we are TTC. I thought it would be kind of cool and meaningful to name our first born son after him, but not call him JR, put a II on the end of the name...because JR sounds stupid to us LOL...:D

We aren't sure though...looking forward to seeing what all of you think...thanks :)

Cutie_Hijabi

Asked by Cutie_Hijabi at 10:57 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my sons middle name is after the father. I noticed at least on my side of the family, that just about everyones first name is their own unique name, and the middle name is to carry on someone elses name, usually a family member. my middle name is after my grandma, my sister's is after our mom...etc
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would never do it again!!
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 11:01 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my dh is named after his dad, and he hates it, he refused to name our son after him.
    Anonymous

• eh.. for me.. no thanks... i guess its just personal preference......
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If I have a boy, I want to name it after my SO..he doesn't like his name tho..
    IMO, I think it should be that way..The first born son should be named after his father. Again, thats just my opinion.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I wanted to name our son after my husband as well...he didnt much like it. I think it is a guy thing and they dont like there name because they grew up with it...sooo...idk you might have to give up on that one...maybe a future son? if you have so many he gets tired of naming them lol.
    Arianas_mommy09

Answer by Arianas_mommy09 at 11:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I like it, and I wanted to, but DH disagrees.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Well there is already a tradition in his family for the middle names...and no one in his family has ever been named after someone else, but my grandpa was named after my great grandpa, so thats where I kind of got the idea from...as for the middle names, they are already set unless I want to give them 2 middle names
    Cutie_Hijabi

Answer by Cutie_Hijabi at 11:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't want to do it. I prefer my son have his own name.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:06 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my sons middle name is takahide after his father takanobu and his grandfather hideo
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 11:11 PM on May. 6, 2009