My Sisters baby shower??

I am throwing my sister a baby shower!! What are some good ideas for location and themes??

MyLuckyStarsTSE

Asked by MyLuckyStarsTSE at 11:15 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you could rent a hall or do it at a restaurant if you don't want to do it in someones home
    as for themes what does your sister like? if you don't want to do the cutesy baby thing, you could do it in someones backyard and do a luau theme, we did that for my sisters bridal shower and she loved it, we bbq'd and played the game where if you say bride you lose something, well we had leis and they lost those if someone caught them saying bride (baby shower it would be baby) otherwise just baby decorations
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

• do you know what shes having? I park with a garden is a nice location or just the back yard it really depends on how many people you plan to attend. I also like the idea of a baby shower at a duck pond.
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We don't know what she's having yet! But I don't want just the traditional baby shower decorations! I want something different! A luau might be fun!!
    MyLuckyStarsTSE

Answer by MyLuckyStarsTSE at 11:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• theres alot to go off with a luau, you can do a pass the baby bottle game w/jimmy buffet music (or just hawaiin music), the leis game i mentioned was a hit, i also filled a vase w/really pretty shells and did guess the number of shells whoever was closest got to take the vase and shells home (it made a real cute center piece). bbq chicken kabobs, and this time of year the stuff for decorations are everywhere from the dollar store to party supply stores so it's really easy to find. and its great for an outdoor theme you can decorate someones porch w/palm trees and tiki torches. i got my sis a real nice lei i ordered online for her to wear (it was a bridal lei but there are all kinds you can order online) and she loved it and still has it hanging in her room. theres really alot you can do with that theme, and it can be ultra cheap or more expensive if you want. if thats what you decide to go with just message me for ideas
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:43 PM on May. 6, 2009