evaporated line or positive?

I got a pregnancy test at walmart today,just a regular equate test.Well I peed on it knowing that period isnt due until around the 15th (I just quit mny bc pills march so its untelling realy) But I am a poas aholic.Okay so I peed on it and the pos. + screen was just blue,I waited 7 minutes and then threw it away,thought that test was a dud and it was probably neg.Well I just went back about 6 hrs later and looked at it and its a faint positive!! omg! So how reliable is this since it was so long? I tried to take a pic but you cant see any thing on it..

Lindasmama

Asked by Lindasmama at 11:40 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The test results are only valid for 10 minutes. If you look after that it is an evaporation line.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:50 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would wait and test again.. I have never had a positive even after hours if it was positive but its way to early to test i would wait till the 10 or so
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 1:20 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Test again. The boxes always say not to read the test after a set time, and 6 hrs is way too long. BUT I do have to say this. When I found out I was pregnant, I took 6 HPTs, all positive, and I layed them all on a papertowel on a table. About 2 days later they were still positive. BUT that doesn't mean a negative won't turn positive after it sits for so long. Just wait a day or so, get another test, and (hard as it is to wait) use your first morning urine, especially since it's early for your period. Your hormone levels aren't quite built up enough to test any time during the day. Well, you can still get a positive, but you have more hormones built up when you first wake up. :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:44 AM on May. 7, 2009

• If it's not positive within two minutes (this is the cutoff we use at my work), it's not positive. Letting it sit longer, sometimes will make a line turn up, but we do not count that. Now, that being said, a urine test may not turn positive in a very early pregnancy. Just give it some more time and try another test after you miss your period.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 11:14 AM on May. 7, 2009

• thanks ladies.I thikn Im gonna go to the dollar tree and get 5 or 6 bc I cant stand waiting for a few days.lol I have 2 hpt(equate) that I used to test with my dd and they are still positive after all this time!!
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 12:23 PM on May. 7, 2009