So going off of my son not crawling properly I feel bummed because all the other babies I know who are younger than him are all were they are suppose to be, its his birthday party next weekend and hes gonna be the only one that cant really plau because he limited any advise to cheer up

Jvaldes

Asked by Jvaldes at 11:40 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's going to be a year old? A lot of boys are just lazy and go straight to walking so it takes a bit longer. Don't be ashamed of your son, we're all different and as long as you try to help him he'll come around when he wants to. Just enjoy the party and feel lucky that you have a baby boy.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Your actually lucky that you don't have to chase him around to keep him out of danger. Enjoy it while you can and don't worry about it. The important thing is that he WILL learn to walk, when doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

• what do you mean your son isn't crawling properly? meaning army/low crawling? if so, my son did that until he was 14 months old, when he started walking.
    Anonymous

• all babies work at their own pace. he might be more advanced in other places too...my friends daughter didn't crawl until 11months old and is 15 months old and just started to take a couple of steps yesterday.
    My son didn't crawl until 7 1/2 months old but at 5 months old he was holding himself up to stand...he started walking at 9 months old.
    It's not a boy or girl thing...proven by my story...it's just an individual baby thing.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 11:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would not worry about it my daughter was not crawling at her 1 year birthday. She is 13 months old not and she pulls herselg every where she goes on her left side. Every baby hits there milestones at different ages expecially if they were a preemie. If your son was early he should be right with the other kids by the age of two
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 11:59 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my ds is 1 just started sorda walking he crwled at his birthdya and still had a blast he wont be bummed if you make it fun
    kmsmommy430

Answer by kmsmommy430 at 12:12 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My little man will be a year old in 3 weeks and just this past weekend he started crawling, crawling... up until now he has army crawled it (if you can even call it that) just give them time, my daughter (she will be 6 in June) was quick to crawl (6 months) and was walking by 11 months and my son is the opposite, he didnt even sit up on his own until 9 months, each hits their milestones on their own
    kenzy_braysmom

Answer by kenzy_braysmom at 12:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Crawling is not a milestone, and many babies never crawl.
    You seem to be falling into the child comparison trap; this is unhealthy for your child and will lead to serious self-esteem issues. There is a great book by T. Berry Brazelton on childhood milestones called Touchpoints; you should be able to find it at your local library.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:56 AM on May. 7, 2009