Infant growth spurts?

My dd is 7 weeks and has been sooooo fussy lately. I was wondering when infants have their growth spurts.

proudmamma9706

Asked by proudmamma9706 at 11:49 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son went through 4 or 5 growth spurts before he even turned one. he, on the other hand, slept through them. he would sleep all day and all night, just waking up to eat and that was it.
    Anonymous

• My son grew 5 inches within his first WEEK! now he is 2 and wears a 3T. He goes through them about every 6 months, and my daughter goes through them about every 3-4 months, but she doesnt grow quite as much as her brother, lol. Just massage her and give her a warm bath and she should be fine ♥
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• SOOO many times in the begining then they start to slow down. and then one around 5 or 6 months old and another one at 8 or 9 monts old...but right now you still have lots of growing pains...and teething can be too.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 11:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Well I breastfeed and I wasn't going to use a pacifier ( my son didn't use one) but she's not happy unless my nipple is in her mouth. I tried a paci tonight but she was not having it. she'll be dead asleep in my arms (not latched) but as soon as I lay her down she's screaming again. I'm totally going crazy!!! It's worse between 8 pm and 2 am.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 12:04 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Try different paci's I was the same way with the paci's and ended up getting like 5 different kinds the ones he liked best were the mam ones...I know how hard it can be but once I got him to take the paci's whic was about 9 weeks or so It was better at night for me :) good luck!
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 12:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Thanks guys :)
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:33 AM on May. 9, 2009