why so some moms insist on carrying their heavy carseats around everywhere?

I mean, there are easier alternatives that would save your hands and arms... like wearing the child in a bjorn or sling or whatever...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• When DS was younger we did carry the carseat around because he would sleep in it like a champ. Now that he is older..the minute the car stops he wakes up and he doesn't like to sit in it anymore. The only time it get taken out is when it has to be used in a different vehicle (so it stays in my van, but if we go somewhere and DH drives than we move it to his van) and then I also sleave it will the sitter everyday so that she can take the kids to play group and story time.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 12:42 AM on May. 7, 2009

• It's all about working those biceps, ha! Jking...I left that thing in the car as often as possible!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• to some people its easier. for me it was easier to carry the car seat instead of waking her up and standing in the parking lot putting on a carrier or sling. the car seat will fit in the grocery cart, so then you really don't have to carry them at all except into the store.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i made my dh carry the carseat lol. i only used it when i took them to the store, and put it in the buggy. if i went to the mall, i'd put it in the stroller. like one of the pp's said, it was just easier than to wake them up. i stopped using it when they started to sit up on their own. my dd is still in her infant seat, and i never take her in the infant seat anymore, i just take her out.
    Anonymous

• LOL... I had to laugh at your question... because I do it! And I think its easier to carry it and leave the baby buckled up and cozy then go through the hassle. It all depends where I'm going. If they have a cart that I can set the carseat in, I usually just do that.
    JustPeachy678

Answer by JustPeachy678 at 12:03 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yeah, it was easier than unbuckling, waking them up, all the hassles. Plus when it's cold the last thing I'm going to do it take them out of the nice warm car seat with the cover.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

I totally agree.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:17 AM on May. 7, 2009

• It was easier to just grab the whole thing and take it in real quick if I was dropping my daughter off at preschool, especially when he was sleeping....plus it does work the biceps, see? I'm flexing.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:26 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I only do if he is sleeping or if I am only going to be a second (he fights me when I put him in his carseat) so it is easier for a quick errand, like stopping at DH work and running his lunch in...etc.
    It is funny though because I thought when he got bigger that I would not carry the whole thing in, and low and behold here are all of my excuses. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My husband has back issues, and couldn't carry the carseat, so I was often VERY aggravated when it came to this. I usually just parked as close to the cart-park in the lot as I could so I could just take the seat out and put it in the cart! I wasn't too fond of the slings or carriers, and neither was DS.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 12:53 AM on May. 7, 2009