Did you have a crazy libido when pregnant?

So, I swore I'd never post an anonymous question, but....this one's really embarrassing. I'm 28 weeks pregnant with a boy. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had an increased sex drive. Yet that was NOTHING compared to this time around. I find myself thinking about sex nearly all of the time and masturbate much more than usual. It almost frightens me, because I'm not sure this is 'normal.' Does anyone think this is due to all of the testosterone & other hormones? Am I a freak or has someone else gone through this? I'm too timid to ask my midwife about this. Yes, I'll allow the woman to peer into my birth canal, but can't work up the nerve to ask her about this pressing issue.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• many women have the best sex of their LIFE during pregnancy! its completely normal :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:01 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Well, it's not so much the fact that we're having more sex that stuns me. It's the...um..pleasuring myself. Sheesh, this is so awkward!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 7, 2009

• lol don't worry :) nobody knows its you ;) haha. masturbation is totally normal. what do you think single mamas do with their sex drives??

a lot of guys find women touching themselves to be quite a turn-on. have you tried getting him involved with it, too?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:07 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My sex drive is threw the ROOOOOOOOOOOF!
    There has been times I've almost stopped in the middle of traffic and laid it down on my SO
    its crazy..but I know exactly how you feel
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Actually, I'm so emabarrassed about touching myself this much that I haven't mentioned it to him. Maybe I should bring this up so that I can stop stressing about it. He probably would think it's sexy. Then I'd be pretty relieved. :) Shoot, if I got him involved with it, he'd more than likely be stoked because foreplay would be easier, haha.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 7, 2009

• holy cow!!!! ive never been sooooo horny in my entire life than being pregnant.. i have dreams about having sex with cars and ill wake up like air humping my bed hahaha. thats how often i think about sex. my husband is overseas (and has been for 7 months) so as far as masterbation goes, dont think you can out do me on it, but trust me your SO will love the idea dont be shy! take control of being a woman! have fun with it! :] maybe thatll help relieve some of your embarrassment.. dont be afraid to ask your doc either..btw
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 1:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i wanted to have sex all time while i was preg. but unfortunatly my ex was in iraq at the time so i didnt get any :(
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 2:43 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I am totally the opposite. I only felt the drive in the beginning. The bigger I got, the LESS I wanted it. I, too, had a boy.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 9:08 AM on May. 7, 2009

• One day i have the dont touch me stay on you side of the bed. then the next day i am crazy horny that i cant even wait.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 9:33 AM on May. 7, 2009