Anyone elses baby have that bacterial virus

My granddaughter, who was doing fine is now refusing to go and stay to sleep.
My daughter took her to the pedi and he did a blood count said it was a bacterial
virus. He said not much you can do, should last from 7-ll days, I was just wondering if anyone elses baby has it. I would like if your child has, or has had this, if so please e-mail me maybe you can shed some light on this virus.. It is a virus from hell!!!

Gran1954

Asked by Gran1954 at 12:01 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No way to know. My dd had a viral virus based on her blood tests when younger. First blood test showed something was wrong with her b/c her white count was up, but he didn't know yet. A few days later he was able to tell it was viral. no vomiting, just tired and cranky. He just said to give her some motrin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on May. 7, 2009

• awwww...No haven't heard of any kids in my area having that. Hope she is feeling better soon!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:05 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm confused? I always thought illnesses were either bacterial OR viral. Didn't know there could be a bacterial virus. If it's bacterial, shouldn't antibiotics help? What kind of illness is it? (stomach, sinus, cough, etc.)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:09 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I don't know I think however your correct, I think i'ts a virual virus, he didn't say what signs to watch for, she in not vomiting, itr look like its may be stomach cramps.
    Gran1954

Answer by Gran1954 at 12:32 AM on May. 7, 2009