How early have you heard of delivery and the baby survived?

I was JW

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:11 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some asked this a long time ago and I remember someone saying that they had a baby at 21 weeks and she survived. My personal expericence is I know someone that had their baby at 28 weeks and is still in the hospital fighting (now 15 days adjusted age). But all babies are different and like mommydumdum said, depends on the baby, circumstances, and just down right luck.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I had a baby at 31 weeks and she is fine now it was a long road however we were in the NICU for a while at Arkansas children's hospital and there were babies there that were born at 25 weeks and they had survived but i have did not hear of any earlier
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:13 AM on May. 7, 2009

• my sister had my nephew at 29 weeks and he is very healthy the first 1&1/2 was a little rough but mow he is 5 almost 6 and healthy and happy as ever... he is one of those kids that brightens up everyones day.. he weighed 2 lbs and 6.1 ounces.. now he probably weighs about 45 or 50 lbs..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:16 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i only have heard of a baby surviving at 23 weeks. they were twins
    allison_r

Answer by allison_r at 12:17 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Twins at 24 weeks
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:20 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My cousin delivered at 26 weeks and the baby was about 1 lb. She is a fighter!
    JustPeachy678

Answer by JustPeachy678 at 12:24 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yeah, I think that about 23 weeks is the earliest they can survive outside of the womb. It depends on the baby and the circumstances and, sometimes, sheer luck.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 12:24 AM on May. 7, 2009

• yes ive heard after 23 weeks they are viable outside the womb but i agree with mommyd.. it depends on the circumstances and how quickly they receive the medical attention
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 1:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I know a lady who had her baby around 24 weeks and he is fine and healthy now. The first year was a little tough but they made it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on May. 7, 2009

• there was a movies on lifetime a few weeks back that was based on a true story of a women haveing a baby at 23 weeks and it weight was just over 1 lb and the baby spent the first 6 mo in NICU.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 9:29 AM on May. 7, 2009