what you think

I saw a debate tonight on CNN where they are thinking about legalizing weed whats your opinion?

hopenalivia

Asked by hopenalivia at 12:23 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Legalizing it and tacing it will produce a whole new revenue stream. AND it will cut the legs out from under the drug cartels and criminals.

Remember that Prohibition didn't work; in fact it made the Mafia stringer than it ever would have been otherwise.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:24 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I think they should legalize weed.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:33 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Whatever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Honestly, I don't think it's a bad idea....then they can focus on Important things like rapes and murders....when did stoner truly ever bother anyone?? IF they want it theyre gonna get it anyway....go ahead and bash away, but it's MY opinion....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:33 AM on May. 7, 2009

• **stoners
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• There would no longer be any issues with people not being able to take advantage of its medicinal properties. It would save the US billions of dollars.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 1:15 AM on May. 7, 2009

• cigarettes, alcohol, weed................same difference.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 3:23 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I didn't know that the problem w/ the cartels is marijuana?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:06 AM on May. 7, 2009

• It is a great idea. It would be better if it was taxed and monitored. No I don't smoke it but yeah I don't think it is that wrong. There are lots of things that are legal to take that can do a similar effect.
    MawagaMom

Answer by MawagaMom at 5:26 AM on May. 7, 2009

• "I didn't know that the problem w/ the cartels is marijuana?"

Sure is.....only one of the myriad of "products" that they offer, but definitely is on the list. They of course delve into other drugs as well, but since it sells so well, it's definitely on their short list of 'important products'.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:33 AM on May. 7, 2009