How likely is it to get pregnant on the depo provera sub q shot?

I have been taking depo sub q for 9 months, but I really feel like I'm pregnant. Up until now I have also been having regular and normal periods. It seems so strange that they just stopped as soon as I started feeling symptoms of pregnancy (nausia, fatigue, etc.) I used to take the regular depo shot, but the new sub q with low progestin seems to effect me differently. Let me know what you think...I've researched on the net, but I havent got any responses that were very clear cut. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not very.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I know a lot of people that have gotten Pregnant off of Depo. At least 8 I'll say. My best friend got it right after she had her son bc she hates having to remember the pill, and a few days after her son turned 3 months old, she was pregnant again...so be careful!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 12:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• my cousin did and she used a condom! bad luck runs in our gene pool. I got pregnant on the pill and with a condom! Murphys Law loves our family!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:01 AM on May. 7, 2009

• its not a pill shes taking people, anyway i heard that if you are on time everytime with your shot that its highly unlikely to not work (99% effective) and if you miss a shot its like 92% effective but thats just what i read on the internet you cant believe everything you read there
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:19 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Well everyone I knew on Depo had never got pregnant while on it and had fertility issues for at least a year after they came off it to try to get pregnant. As long as the shots are gotten at the correct time it is the MOST effective, but also has the most side effects.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:31 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i was on the Depo shot for about a year and never got pregnant. my husband never wore a condom or pulled out or anything. and i felt pregnant all the time. to the point where morning sickness happened and fatigue. i went to my doctor and she did a test it wasx neg. so i stopped taking the shot. i didint like the effects it was having on my body. and it took almost 6-8 months of trying to become pregnant after being off the shot. I hope this helps but the doctor told me that its highly unlikely to become preg. while on the shot.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 11:41 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I got prego on the shot and ihad missed it by a few weeks before we found out that we were prego. the dr's say it's unlikely to get preg on the shot but sometimes thiongs happen don't rule anything out
    bamagurl1988

Answer by bamagurl1988 at 11:58 PM on May. 12, 2009