11 month old needs a new schedule but how???

My son will be a year old in 3 weeks and his schedule is not a good one to say the least... here is his schedule that he has been on (his own choosing) for about 2 weeks now...

12noon/1:00 pm: wake up for the day
1/2:00 pm: Breakfast (technically lunch)
2-4:00 pm: play time
4-6:00 pm: nap time
6:00: dinner
6:30-8:00: playtime
8:00: bath time and quiet time
12 midnight/ 1:00 AM: bed time

This does not work for us to say the least. Daddy works 10 hour days and has to be up by 4:30 AM and in bed by 10:00 PM so we dont get a lot of time together as a family or even just the two of us. I am not sure why he decided on this new schedule, we have had no major changes in our life. He had a perfect schedule for the longest time where he got up at 8:00 PM and went to bed by 9:00 PM, what can we do to get back to that? Please any suggestions =) As I write this its 12:30 and he has still yet to go to bed =( I need some sleep!!!

kenzy_braysmom

Asked by kenzy_braysmom at 12:29 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just wake him up early tomorrow morning and go from there. Then he should take his first nap earlier . . . hopefully. This is what I do when my daughter's schedule gets out of wack. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:32 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Starting in the AM, wake him up! Wake him up about 8:30 AM. Get him ready and going, go out and do something. Even if you have to run to Walmart, do it! This is not very healthy at all. I bet it's very hard on all of you. You have to start with just waking him up. You might miss out on sleep for a night or two, but it has to be done. I don't really know how you've kept that up this long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 7, 2009

• try knocking bed time back by about half an hour each day. he probably went through a growth spurt and needed more sleep so when he got out of that he'd been sleeping so late that he wasn't tired til later. as you knock back bedtime knock back nap time too. while you are in the process of knocking back the bed time, wake him up earlier each day too, that way he is tired enough early for naps.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:32 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The bedtime is you rproblem. Let me suggest The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley.

I DON'T suggest crying it out...no one will sleep.

He may have molars coming in...that will knock everything off schedule.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:36 AM on May. 7, 2009

• MORE INFO FROM POSTER:
    as for molars I am not sure that is the problem, he just finally got his 1st tooth in Easter weekend, 2nd tooth is half in but he doesnt seem bothered by teething, I do however give him baby orajel at night just in case, I wouldnt be surprised if he had a growth spurt, he is 25 lbs, but then again this whole year has seemed like a growth spurt (lol) I do have some running around to do tomorrow morning so I will get him up and give it a go (lucky for me he HATES the car and wont sleep in it) and No, we dont do the cry it out method, Daddy hates the sound of him crying =( Well folks, I would love to stay and chat but he just dosed off and I am headed to bed!!! Night folks
    kenzy_braysmom

Answer by kenzy_braysmom at 12:43 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Wow that looks like my 2 1/2 yr olds schedule that I have to get flipped back around. Good luck Momma!
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 5:47 AM on May. 7, 2009