this might be kind of a weird question but here it goes...please don't be offended. Im really desperate.

My girl won't nurse a lot anymore so my milk supply is dropping. do you THINK that if DH, ya know, "nurses" on them would that help production or does it really only help if baby does it.....please no bashing, Im out of options and I only have a few more months of BFing and I would like to continue. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, yes any stimulation on your nipples will tell your body to make more milk. Your DH is going to have to nurse a LOT to bump up your supply though, as much as a baby would. Pump every three hours for ten minutes on each side, even if milk isnt coming out, and besides that, nurse on demand. That should get your supply back up and running!
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:39 AM on May. 7, 2009

• You could always pump and store it in the fridge.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 12:53 AM on May. 7, 2009

• OP here....I do pump and I think that's why my supply is dropping....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Agree with person above. Store it!
    Joy1Roberts

Answer by Joy1Roberts at 12:55 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Do you drink lots of liquids? If not, maybe that could be the problem?
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 12:56 AM on May. 7, 2009

• She may just be letting you know that it is time to ween her you might take advantage of this and start giving her a sippy alot of babies do ween them selve from thinkgs
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:57 AM on May. 7, 2009

• How old is your daughter? She may be self weaning. If you want to keep nursing her, cut back on the bottles. The LO doesn't have to work as hard with the bottle and may self wean to it. I say nurse more, pump less. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:13 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh, and to answer, your dh may enjoy it...but doesn't have the same suction as a baby. I don't think it would do much for your milk supply. But it would be fun for both of you.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:14 AM on May. 7, 2009

• LOL Dont be shy its okay! Personally im not sure if it will really help milk supply or not but I had my hubby do that when my son was first born because I had plenty of colostrum for awhile but no milk & it came but not necessarily from doing that cuz I was doing a little pumping too. I think hydration is key to milk supply...drink lots of fluids & eat healthy/nutritious foods. I agree depending on your daughters age she may be self weening?
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 1:43 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Your hubby is not going to suck on your boob for 20 min on each side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on May. 7, 2009