is it rude to ask for giftcards only

Im having a birthday party and I was wanting a nice way of asking for lowes gift cards because im redoing my house. So would it be rude to put Lowes giftcards would be great or is there a nicer way to put it.

TxBmtMommy07

Asked by TxBmtMommy07 at 12:59 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Entertainment

• No it is not rude at all I think that people would probable be gracious for you putting this down because it gives them and idea of what to get you. I would probably thank you for doing it if it were me
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:01 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I agree with abbibaileylily, I don't think it would be rude at all, people are always asking me what I would like for certain occasions, and I can never think of anything on the spot so I always say giftcards. It takes the pressure off of them so they don't have to worry about getting you something youll hate.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 1:04 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Thanks the last time I had a birthday party I was 13. So i never put inv. together before
    TxBmtMommy07

Answer by TxBmtMommy07 at 1:06 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i wouldn't consider it rude, but also know that some people hate giving gift cards so i'm sure that won't be the only thing you get
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i think it would be rude. i would not ask for something specific unless somebody asked me what i wanted. when people dont have much money but they want to do somethng for you they can sometimes make or do something really nice for $10 but they would probably feel foolish giving you a card for $10.
    4hens

Answer by 4hens at 10:08 AM on May. 7, 2009

• This is just me but I would wait until they ask me what I would like, then I would say "Well since I'm redoing the house a gift card would be nice." I just had a party for my SO and everybody was asking me what he wanted. I tried giving them ideas and said if they couldn't think of anything, a gift card would be nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• It is rude to expect more than "happy birthday". What you should do is send flowers to your mother; she did the hard work, you just showed up.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on May. 7, 2009