is it ok to have sex

Is it safe to have sex after 2 weeks of giving birth if your not bleeding

babygirl25283

Asked by babygirl25283 at 1:10 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're supposed to wait until 6 weeks, so you can heal.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't. It will hurt like hell. Trust me. We tried. And I think ur supposed to wait to make sure you don't get infections.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 1:12 AM on May. 7, 2009

• my doctor said as soon as you feel ready
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 1:13 AM on May. 7, 2009

• You are VERY fertile right after you give birth so if yo do you better us protection if you dont want to be giving birth again. You can have sex but it will probably hurt like heck, imean i waited eight weeks after giving birth and it was still uncomfortable. most drs would recommend waiting so that you can heal up properly expecially after you had stiches. but if you feel like it just be careful it migh hurt.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:15 AM on May. 7, 2009

• yeah i have it all da time its great u should toatly try it 4 real
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Your suppose to wait 6-8wks. I had sex after 4wks & got infection in my uterus. I did not tear during delivery & so I thought I was safe...It hurts a bit @ first....I would wait to be on the safe side plus you are pretty fertile after giving birth so I would use a contraceptive ( they say breastfeeding is actually a kind of birth control method but its not 100 proof! ) you dont want to conceive again before your body gets a chance to recover from the previous boxing match! LOL
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 12:50 PM on May. 7, 2009