Where can I find nursing pads that also double as storage units.

I recently saw an advertisement in a magazine about nursing pads that also collected milk in a small pouch so that you could store the milk. Now I cannot find the magazine and am having a difficult time finding these specific pads on the internet. Any help?

hyjynxn2

Asked by hyjynxn2 at 1:20 AM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• i have never heard of such but would the breast milk not ruin if you didnt put it in the fridge right away i mean it will stay warmwith you body heat
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:28 AM on May. 7, 2009

• ok dumb question b/c i didn't breastfeed my first but plan on it w/this one...do you really leak enough for that to be worth it? i mean, i'd assume since they aren't common they'd cost alot more than regular nursing pads
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i mean it seems like a good thing as long as the milk would be good and vabch you do leak quite abit expecially in the beginnign
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:36 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Why do u have 2 say her question is dumb?, that's uncalled for and inapropiate.
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 1:56 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Red_Mama I don't think she was calling the OP's question dumb, I think she was saying her question was dumb. As in she didn't know that much about what she was about to ask. OP I haven't seen them or heard of them sorry I can't help.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:06 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe it's called a breast shell, you just need one designed to catch milk. I had an overflow problem as well and bought a set (they should sell them as singles, you really only need 1: nurse on one side, wear it on the other). It was more of a hassle. I couldn't pour the milk into anything to freeze it without it spilling. Also, what I thought felt like a lot (I would soak through a regular nursing pad) there was hardly any milk in the shell. I bought them online, sorry I don't remember what site.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:59 AM on May. 7, 2009

• RugersMommy, shells aren't actually designed for catching milk. They're meant to draw out flat or inverted nipples prior to nursing. The catching milk is a bonus.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:53 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The one I had was only a 1 part system but was called a shell. It had a cup built in to catch milk. http://www.thebabydepartment.com/feeding/breast-shells.aspx There are 3 types: to keep your from rubbing against clothes, to help with inverted nipples and to catch milk. I didn't know then, but the article says to discard the milk as bacteria can grow as it stays body temperature. I wouldn't think things would grow that fast, especially if you get it into a storage container & into the freezer.

RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:39 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I would like to thank everyone for their input to this question. This is my first baby, and I'm sure I'm not the only woman to feel this way, but I feel undereducated even though I am reading everything I can get my hands on! I was actually able to answer my own question and want to post this so maybe it can help you too. After frantically flipping through numerous mommy magazines I found what I was looking for. Its a milk saver and I highly recommend you check the website out at www.mymilkies.com. Hope it helps....and as for spoiling the collected milk...no worries there abbibaileylily, I'm smarter than that lol = ) It will be stored immediately for future consumption........all of this of course if I am even able to nurse which I'm praying that I will be able to.
    hyjynxn2

Answer by hyjynxn2 at 8:46 PM on May. 7, 2009