Is it normal to feel so happy but have fears at the same time?

I think I'm just worrying because I know my family and friends all think I'm too young (I will be 20 next week.) Also a lot of people I know are having babies but they are mostly accidental pregnancies. I don't want people thinking that I'm just being dumb. My boyfriend and I are in love. We really want to start a family. Please tell me if it's normal to feel mixed up inside.

yay4pink

Asked by yay4pink at 1:22 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Sure it is normal i mean you will alwys wonder if this is what you really want it does change your life just make sure this is what you want and kids are wonderful. and i was 17 wheni had my first and now i have 3 and i love it and would not change a thing you just dont have freedom oncec you have kids
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:24 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i hope so...i'm in the same boat as you. I'm nineteen, single, and in love with the father of my child. Me and my therapist talk about this sometimes in our sessions and she says ya its normal for unwed mothers feel like this sometimes but it goes away. you just gotta believe your doing te right thing for you. and if the others can't come that same conclusion they can keep it to themselves. if it makes you happy then i think your on the right road. :)
    mandy815

Answer by mandy815 at 1:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Thank you so much. All the answers were very helpful. Maybe I just have butterflies.
    yay4pink

Answer by yay4pink at 11:03 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My husband and I met when we were only 17 and 18 and got married when I was 19 and he was 20. Then we tried for ten months for a baby and I gave birth to my beautiful son when I had just turned 21. This is what I think about having babys young, I would rather have them young then be in my 40's or even 30's that way I can watch them grow up and have more time with them while Im here. It has never made sense to me why women have children so late cause thats just less time you get to spend with them but what ever makes women happy then go for it. Forget what every one else thinks, if you guys are ready then go for it! I always said that I would get married befor having children and I stood by that but every one has different beliefs. GL!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:48 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm in the same boat with my husband. I'm almost 20, turning 20 in August. My mother says she's too young to be a grandma (she's in her 40's), basically she says i'd be irresponsible to have a child right now because she doesn't want to be a gma yet... I'm always going to be scared to tell my family i'm pregnant, I'll be having my 10th child years and years from now and still be scared to tell them lol. If you feel its right, then thats all you need to know :)
    Cutie_Hijabi

Answer by Cutie_Hijabi at 9:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Ladies I really hope you are truly in love. My ex and I got married at 21 for me and 23 for him and it is the biggest regret of my life. We didn't have kids, but he cheated on me numerous times (I could never prove it though) and ended up getting another woman pregnant and leaving me. I have several friends (8 to be exact) who had their kids young (some married some not) and all but one are not with the father of their children and the one who is still married is living with him, but they have an "open" relationship and both "date" other people. They all regret having their kids young because it took away their time to be young themselves. I do not KNOW one person who is happy they had their kids so young. I am by no means saying this will happen to you, but please be careful. I am not judging just telling you my experiences with this. I am EXTREMELY HAPPY I waited to have my children (I was 27 with first)!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 8, 2009