labor induction?!?!

I'm almost there..... but its getting really really hard emotionally and physically.... are there anyways besides walking and sex to help bring on labor.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy at the end can be trying. :) I am 38 weeks and would never consider inducing unless I went past 42 weeks and there was a medical problem.

Castor oil can cause the baby to pass menconium... it also may do nothing more than make you vomit and have diarrhea which isn't something you need to deal with on top of the regular aches and pains.

I would NEVER get your husband to strip your membranes. The fact that there is someone irresponsible enough to do it just baffles me.. if you are that desperate, ask your OB to do it (or midwife). I don't recommend it, because it's pointless, painful, and works less than half the time.

Nothing will work unless your body is ready, not even a medical induction. So just give it time. Is there anything you can do to make things easier? taking a nice bubble bath with some lavender incense. Drinking some tea, etc. to help you relax?

It will be over soon. Hang in there.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:58 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My mil told me to jump off our bed. I didn't do it, so idk if it really works.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 1:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• You can try castrol oil it is gross though. you may think i am crazy but it does work you just have to have a convencing husband with my second baby my husband stripped my membrans which include pushing your bag of water away from your cerix and then massaging you cerivx it is called cervical stimulation and it works but you must do it like every hour to half hour for a little while but it put me into labor with in two hours with my second baby i was miserable and my husband was willing to do any thing to help
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:31 AM on May. 7, 2009

• abbibaileylily, not only is that very dangerous, but it's also very stupid and should NEVER be done- not even by medical professionals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Rocking ur body sideways while resting ur hands n ur head on the wall Or rocking forward n backward while sitting help. Ask ur partner to also massage ur back when in pain. But most of all stay strong. It would be all over even before u know it.
    mollu

Answer by mollu at 5:08 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I believe these are all just old wives tales!!! I have tried the walking, the sex, the drinking tea, etc. I did NOT try the castor oil...I wouldn't....but NOTHING worked, I ended up being induced.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 9:05 AM on May. 7, 2009