Are there any baby names that you like but would still never give to your children?

I keep finding names that I love, but would never use. Mostly cuz people would never pronounce them right or I know I'd get tired of explaining where I got it from.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i like lots of names but the one i give to my kid has to be one i really love and would not be afraid to yell out in a public place and wont get tired of saying over and over for the rest of my life
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:41 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Magnolia has a beautiful meaning too
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:42 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I love Antigone. If you don't know literature, it's pronounced An-tig-ah-nee not anti-gone. I think it's beautiful, but it would be mean to name a kid that.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:43 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I loved the name Majesty Mikayla, but wouldn't name my child that because it sounds pretentious to me. I also really like Noah, but my sister dated a Noah who hit on me while they were dating, so he kinda screwed that one for me.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:53 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Gweneviere and Atticus. Love them both...but could never bring myself to give them to my children.
    Alisha88

Answer by Alisha88 at 2:26 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes! many names i like we cant use because my Dh is mexican and we need names that the whole family is able to pronounce correctly. like riley, i love that name but my dh said it would be difficult for them to say so whatever, i dont mind.
    MizzMommaz

Answer by MizzMommaz at 3:58 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I like the names Allison and Harrison, but I do not want them to have nick names of Allie or Harry!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:12 AM on May. 7, 2009