DRUG TESTING FOR WELFARE BENEFITS? CON'T

it sickens me to know people around them are doing the right thing and trying to get transplants to live a productive life. i am sick of seeing people using benefits to host elaborate bbq's buying steaks and pop.....wtf? people who need it are told no. why can we not drug test some of those repeat emergency room offenders or refuse to pay for people who continue to damage themselves-hell check them into a mandatory rehab for crying out loud- it's cheaper. i just think free money should have more strings attached...what do you all think?

NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Asked by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 2:01 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yes it is a sliding scale according to how many members in household, all money coming in(income, assets, accounts, etc) and all money going out(bills)...your idea is great in theory and I'm sorry you have to witness such horrid examples of "parents" who sell FS to get drug money and i, too have known ppl to do so. you're right in that that behavior is unacceptable but in knowing that the type of ppl who do such things are typically unmoral ppl who are fairly adept at lieing, cheating, & stealing to make a living will most definitely find away around the drug testing or a way to pass it anyway...JMO sort of would be a huge waste of resourses, time and tax payer's money...

Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 9:58 AM on May. 7, 2009

• oh no not this again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Do not let this squander up your free time, yes good idea! but the Supreme Court makes all the rules! I doubt it but maybe? Did you hear about the 1 yr. old child got taken away from mom for nursing picture? i read it yesterday here. Now that is Govt. interfering too much!!!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:09 AM on May. 7, 2009

• If someone qualifies for FS, I really don't care what they spend their FS money on. If they want to blow it on prime rib, then I guess they should plan on making it last. I thought FS was a set limit depending on your financial situation.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:19 AM on May. 7, 2009